FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Don't see what you are looking for? Let us know!Check out our forum as well.
- Would I be buying this product directly from you or though a distributor?
- What is your license model?
- Could you please send me a quote for product purchase?
- Our license expired next month. How much the extension will cost for a single user?
- "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact product vendor".
- Will installation require a reboot?
- I registered but I never received the registration code
- I just tried to re-install the product and got a message stating that I cannot use an already registered key. What do I need to do to reinstall the product.
- Will the key work with the new version?
- Tech Support
- Is there any way to save customized reports?
- How to do a group listing showing the members in each group.
- When we run user report with membership it takes too long till it is finished. Do you any suggestions to speed up this query?
- How do I include disabled accounts in my reports?
- How can I modify a report to only report disabled accounts that have been disabled for more than 90 days.
- I ran the report for users without passwords and came up with over 200. I tested a few of these by logging into a workstation as the user and this report does not appear to be accurate.
- How to have a dialog box asking the period or number of days?
- How to exclude domain controllers from scanning?
- Can I report on Exchange attributes like delegated account access/send on behalf?
- How to get the list of new computers that have joined the domain in the last 30 days?
- Can non domain admin run active directory reports?
- Can report header be customized to include company information?
- How do I modify existing reports?
- When i try to send a report via e-mail from Print preview I receive an error 'System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'MAPILogon' in DLL 'MAPI32.DLL'.'
You will be buying AD Reports directly from us.What is your license model? back to top
We currently have built a model around annual subscription based licensing. Basically, a single license allows a single admin user to run the product for any size domain or domains on as many computers as your single admin is using. This licensing model allows the product to run for however long you purchase the licensing period for. Also, this includes all updates and highest priority turn around on all enhancements and bugs. The product will require a new license upon expiration. We have built this model so that we can keep on making this product run better and guarantee that it works on all new Windows domain controllers as well as the old NT 4.0 series. If you are interested in purchasing more than a single license or for a period longer than a year, please contact us so that we could give you a discount.Could you please send me a quote for product purchase? back to top
The quote for 1 license 1 year is $299.00. We offer 2 purchasing methods:
- Secure HTTPS purchasing. https://www.maxpowersoft.com/purchase.php (this is the fastest & easiest to use technique)
- Purchase Orders (PO) Fax:(888) 506-1226 or email@example.com
The cost will be $249.00 for renewal."This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact product vendor". back to top
If you are running AD Reports on a 64-bit system please download a 64-version of the application: 64 Bit DownloadWill installation require a reboot? back to top
Installation will not require a reboot. You can also run the product from a computer that is logged into the domain.
How To Install AD Reports
Sometimes, due to company policy attachments are removed from e-mails. If you registered and never received and e-mail with a registration key or you received an e-mail without attached key files, please contact us and we will send you a key in e-mail's body with instructions of how to register the product.I just tried to re-install the product and got a message stating that I cannot use an already registered key. What do I need to do to reinstall the product. back to top
If you can dig back and find the email with the registration code in it, then you should be good to go. Just make sure to use the registration wizard/window in our product by clicking on the "Register" button.
How To Register AD Reports
Yes, the key will work with the new version of AD Reports without any problems.Could you tell me where I can send(call) my technical question? back to top
You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and this will reach the entire team. You can also call our main line at 1 (858) 408-0877. If we do not answer, please leave us a message.Is there any way to save customized reports? back to top
Any report can be customized and saved as custom report. Right click on a report, select "Customize...", do all your customization and when you are ready click "Save as Custom..." button. Provide custom report name, select if you want to save this report for the current domain only or for all domains and click "Save". The report will be saved with your custom settings and available in the Custom report tab.
Also, you can save any report as custom right from the report tree and then customize it. Right click on any report, and select "Save as Custom...".
You can save as many reports as you want. They will be saved and sorted automatically based on report type (users, groups, computers, etc...) and report name.
How to create Custom Reports
From the Groups tab select a group report you need, right click on it and select Customize Report. In Report Wizard window switch to Membership Setting tab and select Load Group Members. The membership settings will become enabled and you can specify membership settings you need.
Click Save & Exit and your report will be reloaded with members. If you want to save these settings for all group reports you can click Apply Settings to All Reports... button, select settings you want to save and click Apply.
How to Load Group Members
How to Load User Membership
You can speed up membership process if you select "Load Distinguished Names Only" option from membership settings of the report. In this case AD Reports does not have to query every single member's attributes for every group / user. Also, it could be slower if you select to load nested membership.
How to Load Group Members
How to Load User Membership
Disabled accounts are included in each user report by default unless a report is specifically for enabled users like "Enabled" user report. Disabled column is also included by default in each user report. If it is not there you can add it by right clicking on a user report, select "Customize Report...", select "Grid Column Settings" and drag and drop "Disabled" column to the grid. If a user account is disabled this column will display "Yes".
How to create Custom Reports
When a user is disabled, active directory does not update any time stamp of when the user was disabled. Since the user is disabled, he/she is inactive and you can report all inactive disabled users for any period of time. To do this, select "Inactive Users for XX days" from User tab and in pop up window type 90 days, click OK. Your report will be reloaded, showing all inactive users for the period of 90 days. Now, click on Disabled column header (if this column is not there just add it using Report Wizard by clicking "Customize.." button) and sort your report by that column. All disabled users will have Yes in that column. Also you can type "Yes" in a filter row right under the "Disabled" column name and you report will show only disabled users. So, here you have your report with disabled inactive users for 90 days. Now, you can export or print it.I ran the report for users without passwords and came up with over 200. I tested a few of these by logging into a workstation as the user and this report does not appear to be accurate. back to top
If PASSWD_NOTREQD bit is set to true in userAccountControl attribute then Admin can reset the password on this account with accordance to the password policy or set it to blank and the user can login to the domain with blank password. "Users with no password required" report returns all users with the bit PASSWD_NOTREQD is set to true (userAccountControl:1.2.840.1135126.96.36.1993:=32) regardless of the password itself. If administrator reset the password to blank then you can login with no password required regardless of the domain password policy. If the password is not blank for the user with PASSWD_NOTREQD set to true and the admin set the password to something other then blank, then this fact does NOT change PASSWD_NOTREQD bit back to false and the user can potentially login with the blank password if administrator resets it back to blank.How to have a dialog box asking the period or number of days? back to top
When you select any report with dates first time (ex Users Deleted Between...), it will show the pop-up dialog with the number of days or between dates depend on the report. If you want to change dates of the selected (loaded) report, right - click on that report and select 'Change Date Range' or 'Change Number of Days', click OK and the report will be reloaded with the new dates.How to exclude domain controllers from scanning? back to top
For reports with not replicated attributes (lastLogon, logonCount, badPasswordTime, badPwdCount, whenChanged) AD Reports will scan every domain controller selected on Forest tab in Domain Controllers section for the selected domain. To exclude a domain controller from scanning deselect the check box next to domain controller's name. Reload your report and in a logger window you will see the message "Domain Controller
There are 2 LDAP Exhange attributes which are responsible for "Send on behalf":
* publicDelegates - stores the user that was configured as a delegate (the secretary).
* publicDelegatesBL - stores the user's mailbox that was configured with a delegate (the manager).
Here is what we need to do to report users with these attributes.
1. Right click on "Mailbox Enabled Users" and select "Customize..."
2. Select "Grid Column Setting" tab.
3. Select "AD Exchange Attributes"
4. Scroll down and select publicDelegates / publicDelegatesBL and cklick "Add to Grid" (or just drag and drop it to the desired position in the grid, or just double click it)
5. Click "Save & Exit"
6. If publicDelegates attribute is not empty it will contain distinguished names of the delegate users.
7. Now, to filter the report having publicDelegates attribute set, type CN in the this column filter row (empty row between the column names and the actual data in the grid) and the grid will be filtered having only records containing data in the publicDelegates column.
You can do the same for publicDelegatesBL or for both attributes.
The applied filter settings will be visible at the bottom of the grid.
To load all new computer accounts, you can right click on "All Computers" report, select 'Customize".
In the Report Wizard select General Filter Settings -> LDAP filter builder -> select 'When Created' attribute, specify 'Is greater than or equal to' filter condition and select a date which is 30 days ago. Click Save & Exit.
Absolutely. You do not have to be a domain admin to run the reports. You just need to be logged on to a domain in order to have access to Active Directory and run the reports.Can report header be customized to include company information? back to top
The report header can be customized using a couple of different ways:
1. Report Wizard. Right-click on any report and select Customize. Type any information in the Report Title field. This will be saved for the current report, or you can save this report as Custom report and it will appear in the "Custom" reports tab.
2. Print preview. Load any report and select "Print Preview...". In Print Preview window select "Header/Footer" and enter any information in header or footer area for the current report.
To modify any existing report, select it from the tree and click "Customize..." button on the toolbar.
Also, you can right-click on any report and select "Customize..." from the menu.
In the 'Report Wizard' you can change search root, search scope, build and apply your own LDAP filter, change grid columns / attributes and enable / modify membership settings.
When you finished updating your report click "Save & Exit". This will save all report settings and reloads it with the new settings applied. Or, you can click "Save as Custom", and your customized report will appear in the "Custom" reports tab. Also you can apply selected settings for all reports and for all or just current domain, by clicking "Apply settings to all reports...".
We recommend to save modified reports as custom. In this case you can play with different settings without changing the original report. You can save as many custom reports as you want, just type different name. Also, you can save any report as custom right from the tree without opening the Report wizard. Just right-click on selected report and select "Save as Custom...".
How to use Report Wizard
How to create Custom Reports
it happens when you install other messaging software after you installed Microsoft Outlook. You can fix it by running Fixmapi.exe program in the Microsoft Windows System folder: C:\winnt\system32 or C:\windows\system32. it restores the correct MAPI32.DLL file.